Montana NASA EPSCoR’s goals are to:
- Make NASA better aware of nationally competitive researchers and capabilities already existing in Montana.
- Build research infrastructure at institutions of higher education throughout Montana that can benefit individual
researchers and groups working on scientific and technical problems of importance
to NASA by developing expertise and capabilities not currently available within the
- Assist in Montana's economic development in aerospace-related fields by utilizing
EPSCoR research to strengthen existing Montana high-tech companies, seeking new connections
between Montana faculty researchers and state industries, and building university research enterprises that will foster "spin-off" startup
- To maintain a focused effort to build nationally prominent, competitive, research groups at Montana's major universities, while at the same time providing opportunities for
research involvement to interested, committed, faculty and students at smaller institutions.
- To coordinate the Montana NASA EPSCoR and Montana Space Grant Consortium (MSGC) programs in a seamless,
unified approach to enhance aerospace-related education, research, economic development,
and public outreach throughout the state with a plan grounded in the state's capabilities,
priorities, and goals.